With Agriculture and Tourism among the top revenue generators for the state of Wisconsin, combining these two categories into "ag-tourism" is an ideal way to capitalize on unlimited opportunities for education, entertainment, and economic gain.
The Wisconsin Agricultural Tourism Association helps educate consumers about the level of investment, risk, labor, and reward of operating ag-related businesses such as farms, apple orchards, wineries, or cranberry marshes. The organization also provides consumers with a better understanding of the origins of food and fiber, and a general awareness of agriculture and rural lifestyles.
We invite ag-tourism businesses to join us in forging and supporting cooperative partnerships in sustainable agriculture in the state of Wisconsin. Membership is open to rural lodging, farm markets, cheese factories, wineries, breweries, orchards, u-pick, food discovery centers, visitor bureaus and destination marketing organizations, and any business or organization interested in promoting ag tourism.
Your $100 membership in WATA includes:
- networking opportunities to explore business collaborations
- educational opportunities at workshops
- promotion of your business and products on the WATA website
- publicity for your events on the WATA website
- cooperative marketing opportunities, including distribution of your brochures at Wisconsin State Fair and the Governor's Conference on Tourism
- representation at motorcoach and travel shows
- subscription to "Fresh Magazine" newsletter (including opportunity to publicize your events)
- a voice in the agriculture and tourism industry through partnerships with the Wisconsin Department of Tourism, University Wisconsin Extension, and the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture
The Wisconsin Agricultural Tourism Association promotes and preserves the rural lifestyle, fosters partnership opportunities within the ag-tourism community, and provides tools which encourage sustainable economic growth while creating awareness of Wisconsin agriculture.